Saturday, January 15, 2011

Experiencing Motherhood ...

Jan. 15, 2011 

It is hard to put into words all the emotions you feel as you are expecting a child and as you hold that new little one in your arms for the first time. I remember finding out I was pregnant for the first time..I was sooo excited! It is an amazing thing to feel a life grow inside of you. I was so excited to hold him and love him and to see what he would look like and who he would become. And of course I had lots of worries about what kind of mother would I be and could I teach this little one all they needed to know. As I've held each of my children for the first time I was overwhelmed with the love that I felt for such a tiny person and I couldn't help but feel the great love that our Heavenly Father has for them and I could feel the great potential that they each had..I was overwhelmed with not knowing if I could help them see that potential. Would I be able to teach them how much our Heavenly Father loves them? Would I be able to teach them to have confidence in who they are and what their special mission is here on this earth? Would they be able to turn to me when they needed to and would I be able to say the right things and do the right things to help them? Would I be able to protect them? I am so grateful for my Heavenly Father and that even when I don't know what to say or do..He does. I am grateful I can turn to Him and know He will be there to hear my worries and calm my fears.:)

Words from Allyson Kay Riches
the daughter of Marsha and Robert Ault

No comments: